Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Cullera- "Top 3 Favorite Beaches Ever"

It’s a new hot week of summertime in Spain, and to pass the time this week here’s what I was up to! On 8/27 I started another week of conversation class with Don Quijote. Monday afternoon’s class was actually a very good one, and I was a diligent little student and took lots of notes. That night, Bárbara had her friends Patri, Sandra and Marian come over to the piso for dinner and drinks. Before they came over though, Bárbara decided to test out an eye-makeup style she found on Pinterest. I was the lucky recipient of this. It really wasn’t so bad though, and she did my hair too! The rest of the night we spent chatting on the balcony, and I came inside to Skype with John for a bit. Almost everyone our age in Spain smokes, and it’s no different with these ladies (except Bárbara), so honestly the smoke was irritating my contacts. That’s partially why I went inside to escape for a bit- I am definitely more intolerant to cigarette smoke than most people.
We Heart Cullera!

 Anyways, on Tuesday 8/28 I decided to be a bad student and skipped my class so that Lorena, Bárbara and I could go back to Cullera since the weather was nice. This time Patri came to join us too, and the drive out there went really fast. Once there, we met with Díana again in her parent’s absolutely beautiful condo overlooking the Mediterranean. Honestly every photo I took in Cullera looks like it should be on a magazine cover, I felt so lucky that I was able to be there! We started the day off with lunch under an umbrella on the beach. The water there is extremely clear and calm, and you can see mountains off in the distance. It’s an absolutely gorgeous view! I am the type of person who loves the beach not only for tanning, but for exploring and swimming, so Cullera was perfect for me. The water felt great so I could swim around for a while, and it was a really relaxing and refreshing feeling.

Patri, Lorena, Diana, Barbara y Michelle
Eventually Bárbara and I rounded up the other girls to start hunting for sea shells (for me to make a craft with later on), and that was a fun way to occupy our time. I also loved the fact that I could learn Spanish from talking to Diana and Lorena, but at the same time be enjoying a nice swim in the Mediterranean- It’s a win win situation J. Once we were all a little sunburned we headed back to the chalet/condo. It was still gorgeous outside so we spent the rest of the day swimming in the pool enjoying the spectacular overlook and view that it had. We took a lot of fun photos and basically I had a blast! Today was definitely my favorite beach day thus far. In fact, I’d rate the beach in Cullera as my #3 favorite beach in the world, and that says a lot because I am picky about my beaches! <<And... if you were curious, my number one favorite beach ever is in Culpe, Spain (Penon de Ifach) and my #2 is the beach of Singer Island, Florida. This is based on scenery, sand quality, amount of seashells, clarity of water, and how warm the water is for good swimming :) >>

The luxurious pool with amazing view

View of the ocean and mountains from pool


No comments:

Post a Comment